The Africa Food Security Summit
November 22nd and 23rd
DMA are delighted to announce a major intergovernmental and private sector summit on food security in Africa, to take place on September 12th and 13th. The Africa Food Security Summit will be held in partnership with FGV and CIITAA, and supported by UK Export Finance and The Tony Blair Institute. Registration will open in early May.
The Africa Food Security Summit (TAFSS) will identify and address the structural factors affecting African food security and map out policies, practical solutions and signpost funding that can set the continent on a path towards long-term food security.
The event will be the ﬁrst to bring together the world's leading public and private entities supporting food security on the continent and its main priorities will be as a knowledge exchange platform and in providing access to capital.
1. Access to capital – IFIs, Sovereign lending, private capital, blended ﬁnance.
2. Policy development and implementation.
3. Scalable solutions - providing increased production, productivity, quality assurance and competitive distribution costs.
4. Sustainable business models - local economy and smallholder farms.
5. Maximising sustainable employment.
6. Value chain analysis: agriculture, livestock, ﬁsh farming and aquaculture – processing and packaging.
7. Sustainable food production models - efﬁcient and environmentally friendly technology packages.
8. Knowledge transfer – technology, expertise, training and skill sets.
9. Sustainable power, refrigeration and storage.
10. Identifying expert resources and personnel.
Registration opens in May, please contact Peter MacDonald on firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
REGISTRATION AND SPONSORSHIP
To register interest in this mission, please email the events team at email@example.com
If you are interested in sponsorship opportunities please contact firstname.lastname@example.org